Bossa nova in the background, playing softly but it was playing loudly earlier. I sat down here once again like I did last month and I am looking at the cup of coffee that is not mine. I don't care. I don't want a cup of coffee and I, in fact, skipped breakfast this morning just like yesterday because I am not hungry for some reason. I don't know why I come to this writing space that's provided by the library because I feel that I am not actually writing at all but rather just writing down on my blog because I am not in any mood to write to begin with. I just attended today to see how I can proceed with the facilitation of the event because I signed up to be part of this event. Well, that was last year but I will not be surprised that last year will be repeated again this year. I won't be surprised at all. I have a book with me and I am going to read it soon because I am very bored. I guess I am bored with this concept. I just agreed to help but maybe it can help ca...
Please ignore my bad writing. It's two in the morning and I cannot sleep. I just have something in my mind that I need to let out because I just cannot seem to forget it. I don't think you guys would believe me when I say this but I just experienced something awful or should I say more clearly as something out of this world. Well, it happened just a few hours ago when I was at the library. You see I have a writing session at the library once a month, usually on a Sunday, and I often go there simply for therapeutic reasons. I must say that my childhood wasn't really the best and I have nightmares about it often. Just this morning, I had a nightmare and I was punching the side of my wardrobe while I was in bed because in the dream, I was punching the idiotic school bully that used to hunt me. As I grew older, I become a paranoid loser. I am fearful of a lot of things and I just ended up living my life in constant fear and so I often don't have friends. I thought that this...
I find it funny, but more so, I find it insulting that we live in a day and age where hard work and education do not matter at all. I am already living in Singapore, like most other Singaporeans, and we all know that the cost of living is extremely high, with people not thriving but merely trying to survive each day of their lives. On top of that, we see the decline in our birth rates, only to have it replaced by foreign individuals gaining citizenship as a solution to Singapore's low population, while young individuals who were born here and served the nation, especially males, are finding it difficult to secure jobs after graduation. Read more here .
Comments
Post a Comment